£249.99 / month for 6 months and a £299.99 sign-up fee
Get started on your journey to becoming an Approved Driving Instructor with Let’s Instruct.
Our comprehensive training program offers you all the expertise and support you need. Please see the description below for full details of your course.
12 months On-Demand training subscription
• ADI Part 1 – Theory
• ADI Part 2 – Driving
• ADI Part 3 – Teaching
Online Monthly Course Clinics
• Run by expert trainers, get your questions answered and meet other trainees.
8 Hours Part 2 In-Car Training
• Developing your driving skills to the advanced level required to pass your ADI Part 2 Driving Ability Test.
40 Hours Part 3 In-Car + Online Classroom Training
• Training you to teach effectively and deliver quality driving lessons.
DVSA Recommended Reading Pack
• The people testing you – The DVSA, recommend you read these books when training to become a driving instructor.
Expert Email Support
• Throughout your training you can contact us by email to ask questions and receive support you need.
Freedom to be your own boss:
Take control of your work / life balance, choose when you work, how much you work, and what you get paid to work. Becoming a driving instructor will change your life, allowing you blend your work and family life seamlessly together.
At Let’s Instruct we understand that flexibility and work / life balance is the number one priority for anyone becoming a driving instructor, while at the same time earning a good living for the work they do.
Due to an increase in the birth rate in the early two thousands, and latterly the COVID pandemic, driving instructors have never been in such high demand. Instructors, within reason can name their price for lessons they deliver, and this situation shows no sign of slowing down.
People training to become a driving instructors come from many different industries. Teachers, Delivery Drivers, Taxi Drivers, Bus and Lorry Drivers, Ex-Police and the Armed Forces to name just a few. All are attracted by the increased earnings and flexibility the job brings.
Job satisfaction is often overlooked as an important aspect of any job. This is something you have in spades as a driving instructor. Seeing your pupil achieve their goal, knowing you have been an integral part of their journey towards their achievement is priceless.
At Let’s Instruct we have all the experience, expertise and support you need to train to become a driving instructor, build your successful driving school and gain the freedom we all crave.
We look forward to hearing from you and help you reach your goals.
To become an Approved Driving Instructor, you need to be able to answer YES to all the following:
- Have you held a full UK or EU licence for 3.5 out of the past 6 years?
- Can you read a normal size number plate from a distance of 27.5 metres (90 feet) with glasses if required?
- Do you have less than six points on your licence?
- You have no convictions in the past ten years that would prevent you from being on the Driving Instructors Register? For example: robbery, assault.
- You enjoy working with people.
If you can fulfil all these minimum requirements, then there should be nothing to stop you becoming a fully qualified Driving Instructor.
- Apply for your DBS Check
- Once you have received your DBS your can apply to the DVSA register, you must do both of these before you are able to book any test.
- Take an ADI Part 1 Theory Test
- Take an ADI Part 2 Driving Test
- Take up a six months trainee licence (Optional)
- Take an ADI Part 3 Teaching Test
- Theory Test Part 1 (100 Questions and a 14 Clip Hazard Perception Test)
- Advanced Driving Test Part 2 (Advanced One Hour Driving Test)
- Test of Teaching Ability Part 3 (An Observed Driving Lesson)
Yes. You are required to have a further 20 hours of part 3 training within the first 3 months of your trainee licence or have a fully qualified ADI sit in on 20% of the lessons you give. Due to the cost of the ADI sitting in option, almost all trainees opt for the 20 hours extra training.
Why trust Let’s Instruct?
With more than 25 years’ experience in training driving instructors, you are in safe hands. Your training course has been developed by award winning trainers with the experience to guide you through your qualification with ease.
Let’s Instruct is an established and trusted name within our industry, known for delivering quality and value for money training courses at every level. We are members of the Approved Driving Instructors National Joint Council and The Driving Instructors Association
Our courses are used by independent driving instructor trainers and driving schools across England and Scotland. We are renowned for our online resources, allowing trainees to access training at any time.
Let’s Instruct has received the following awards:
- ADINJC/II: Regional Driving School of the Year
- The Institute of Master Tutors: Training Provider of the Year
- ADINJC/II: Training Provider of the Year – Commendation