- Have you held a full UK or EU licence for 3.5 out of the past 6 years?
- Can you read a normal size number plate from a distance of 27.5 metres (90 feet) with glasses if required?
- Do you have less than six points on your licence?
- You have no convictions in the past ten years that would prevent you from being on the Driving Instructors Register? For example: robbery, assault.
- You enjoy working with people.
Find the best training course for you. Not all training courses are the same so do your research and choose the best fit. Once you have booked your course you should be guided through the process by your training provider but if not, here is the process.
- Apply for your DBS Check
- Once you have received your DBS your can apply to the DVSA register, you must do both of these before you are able to book any test.
- Take an ADI Part 1 Theory Test
- Take an ADI Part 2 Driving Test
- Take up a six months trainee licence (Optional)
- Take an ADI Part 3 Teaching Test
- Theory Test Part 1 (100 Questions and a 14 Clip Hazard Perception Test)
- Advanced Driving Test Part 2 (Advanced One Hour Driving Test)
- Test of Teaching Ability Part 3 (An Observed Driving Lesson)